Sunday, November 18, 2007

quilt retreat Nov. 18, 2007

Just home from my quilt retreat. I got alot of sewing done. My butterfly friendship block quilt is closer to being done. I have the binding on and have to do the hand sewing of it now.

I made 2 christmas stockings for a friend. She cross stitched the fronts and I made them into stockings. I made alot of criss cross coasters. I gave away 17 of them to everyone on the retreat(one each), I made 3 hand towels(put hanging tops on them.).I made a Christmas block for our Guild Christmas party draws. I made 3 friendship blocks that were from a very long time ago and I was very late with them. I sewed some of my charity blocks together. I sewed some small wheats together(unfilled). I left the house about 8:30 Friday morning. Got there about 9 or so. Set up and started sewing right away. Some people had been there since Thursday morning. I went to bed about 11pm Friday night. I woke up about 6:30 am but stayed in bed till 7. Got up showered and headed downstairs to my machine. All our meals were cooked for us. It was just wonderful. Sat. we drove to Lorraine Stagness's shop and had a great time there. I bought too much of course. We were out for about 1 1/2 hour or so. Left right after breakfast to go and we were back by 1100am. Got some nice stuff. I'll have to try to get some pictures taken. I am off Monday and Tuesday so we'll see.

Sat. I stopped sewing around 10 or so and took my crocheting up to the fireplace area and sat and talked with a number of the ladies till about 11pm then headed for bed.

I woke at 6:30am and got up again at 7. Headed to my machine, had breakfast sort of on our own with direction and the sewed till noon. Lunch was great all the left overs from our other meals. Then I sewed till about 2:00. Some had left by then and I started to get very tired so I packed it in and packed up my stuff to head home. I was home by 3pm. Unloaded my car and my quilting retreat was over. I can't wait till next year though.

I would recommend retreats to all interested. I can only manage one a year at this point but that's not too bad. At least I get some concentrated sewing done. And the conversation is great.

Of course the group of ladies that go to this retreat are great too.

Well, I guess this is about it. I should unpack some of my stuff.
Happy quilting to all,
:)Carol


POSTED BY BUTRFLY2200 AT 6:10 PM 0 COMMENTS

No comments: