Sunday, July 13, 2008

Dave and Jennifer


Hi everyone.






It is again a while since I have blogged. Guess I am not in the habit at the moment. I have come across these nice, thoughts for the day and I thought that I'd use this space to pass them on.

Ransom Notes

Bad guys take a newspaper, cut out certain words and reorganize them into a Ransom demand.
And we all know that the newspaper did not say this.
The words were taken out of context and reorganized according to another plan/purpose/idea.

So why do we compare ourselves to others, using only enough data to prove that they are better than us.

Let me assure you that there is always someone better than you
and always someone worse than you, at whatever subject you care to mention.
Always.
You are not the best at anything. Ever.
To say "So and so is much better than me at this or that." may be true but also totally irrelevant.

When you envy someone about something take a close look at the other stuff in that person's personality or life.
You'll soon see that, by and large, you are an excellent combination with only some need to change and improve, here and there. Just like that person!

Stop ransoming yourself.
What you are, is a unique Combination.

I finally got back into my sewing room this weekend. I didn't start on anything special. Just worked on my charity, crumb blocks and listened to a Harry Potter tape a few times over the weekend. I needed to work on 2 wedding gifts and really lucked out. When I pulled out some 8 inch magic tile blocks that I had made with butterfly fabric I found 2 wall hangings that I'd made at my Nov. retreat. So I just have to finish them off (sewing the hanging sleeve) and they will be ready.

I was pretty happy about that.

Here's a picture that I tried to upload. If it doesn't open when I post you may have to highlight and click on address.
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEj18-ZaePAWDI2RPEO9WO3mdWJN1AOfVO4HUU8czJT3lZsEPxw_ID1NKUjLmQT29jj5YvI_efearx3SPunCnK5F9MI_saIlXKWuTIbWLw4mo4KAYLw3nxDuHC1X0HKO4lOFluFIStjlqZk/s200/P5170575.JPG
The picture is my husband, Dave and daughter, Jennifer.
Hope to find my way here more often.
Bye for now.
:)Carol

1 comment:

Gina said...

Nice to see you back.

What great words of wisdom and so true.

Love and hugs Gina xxx