Monday, June 13, 2011

jelly roll quilt idea


This is a picture of a free pattern I found online. The pattern did not show me a picture but it sounded like something I wanted to try. I changed it a bit. I didn't have a jelly roll but I have lots of fat quarters. So I decided to make the pattern using 5 fat quarters and 2 metres of fabric. I like the results. I put all the colours of fatquarter strips together in the same order each time. I had 1 metre of a pink and 1 metre of a purple. I added purple between each set of fat quarters. This is the first picture taken.
Tonight I added a second border but I haven't taken another picture yet. I really like how this is turning out.
Happy quilting everyone. I just started this last weekend . I didn't keep track of my time but it went together fairly quickly.
Of course I will have to quilt it now and get it finished.
:)Carol

No comments: