Tuesday, August 26, 2008

holidays

Where has the time gone. My mom in law is getting a bit weaker. I had my just over a week with her. She was good for most of it then got a bit depressed and weaker just on the day I had to leave. She hasn't gotten any stronger this time from what I've heard. My husband is there for a few days this week. Till the weekend. They got her a hospital bed and set it up when he got there on Monday. That will be hard for my father in law. They have been married 55 years. Now he'll have to sleep in their bed alone. I haven't gotten much not in the sewing department. I'm working on a paper pieced lighthouse for a sample piece for the designer. I thought I would get something done on it while I was there but I didn't want to go that far away. The machine is in the basement. Haven't had time since home either. I'm hoping to get down to sew today after my son goes to work at 4pm.
I go back to work on evenings tomorrow. Had 2 weeks off.
We got out camping with our daughter. She brought a friend. We had planned to go for 2 or 3 nights. Went into Kananaskis (mountains). While it rained. so was cold and wet . After the first night we headed home. Jenn's friend stayed the second night then she had to go home.
Dave starts a new job at the end of the month. It should be good for him. A little scary though. He's been at his present job for 20years.
I'll try to write more soon. Bye for now.
:)Carol

No comments: