Sunday, November 4, 2007

nov 4, 2007


picture edited out as requested.
Well, we have snow today. Ground is covered and it is still snowing. Very lightly but still snowing. I think it is a stay at home day. I cut out alot of 4 1/2 inch squares last night. I'm doing some for myself and some for the craft group's charity sale in Dec.
I present the craft in Jan. but I'm not sure I can keep this one till then. I may be doing it sooner.
Then I'll have to come up with something else for Jan. Maybe I'll just to the ones for charity and then teach it in Jan. I was thinking of doing this one at a meeting in November but then I lose the teaching craft. Maybe I'll save it. They do sew up really quickly. It takes more time to cut and get them ready to sew.
My son has recovered from the teeth extraction, although he said his mouth was sore when if just got up a few minutes ago. So he took some Motrin. As I wrote this I remember his antibiotic. He has another 3 1/2 days of taking that. End of this month he gets his braces. That should be interesting. He teased his sister all the time about her braces, now she can tease him.
I go on a quilting retreat, weekend of the 16th. This is a once a year thing for me. Several members of my quilting guild go and sew all weekend. I just love it. I used to go to the Jan. retreat but it frequently fell on the weekend of Jennifer's birthday so I changed to Nov when they started to have one then. It's a great time of year for it because if there is stuff to get down for Christmas I can work on them then.
I planned to cut alot of the crisscross coasters and sew them there. I'll get them all set and pinned and will just have to sew them there. I think that I'll use them for my sewing tags. I find it quicker to just sew each side and chain peicing so they will work well as tags.
That's a job I have to do soon.....get thinking about what I will take with me to work on for that weekend.
Guess I'll close for now
Happy quilting,
:) CArol

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment on the T-shirt quilt. It was a fun quilt to do because my husband had so much input into it, which is only fair since it is for him!