Monday, September 17, 2007

Charity quilts




Monday, Sept. 17


It's my stepdad's birthday today, he's 84 and still sailing a boat.




I actually did a bit of sewing today and took some pictures and then uploaded them from my camera.


Above pictures are two of my charity quilt tops. The one on the right is using swatches and old weekenders items(for longer pieces). They are sewn to dryer sheets as foundation. I serge around each piece when done then sew together. At present this one is 8 blocks by 8 blocks.
The one at the left is cotton mostly with some swatches from mens suiting (one of my guild members got a huge bag of swatches from a men's clothing store). She brought some to a meeting and I decided I would use some in my foundation quilts.
I also belong to a handicraft guild and our meeting is tomorrow. I'm not sure what we are doing this month. I didn't write down that we need to take any supplies so I guess it will be a surprise for me.
Better get offline. More later.
:) Carol
Make yourself a great day, only you can.

No comments: