Wednesday, September 26, 2007

New sewing machine


Wednesday, Sept. 26.
Where has Sept. gone. Here is another round robin I worked on in 2003. It is a little difficult to see the colour. If I remember correctly, it was a paper pieced border. Don't know how this one finished up either.
I was very fortunate the other day. Walmart had a Singer machine on sale. I've been having problems with the tension on my Husquavarna 500 so, We went looking. I actually didn't get the Singer. I got a Brother machine. It is not computer like the singer was but it came with a walking foot and a darning foot so I went for it. Now I have some zigzag stitches again. I've been using them to do top stitching with my charity quilts.
Seems to work pretty good. I've done a little sewing on it since I brought it home.
I also had a little bit of computer problems over the last week. Our computer was running really slowly, so we did a disk cleanup, defragged it and scanned it again. Didn't find any viruses so we also deleted alot of emails. Figure that they might have been slowingl the computer down a bit.
Anyway, I'm working evenings for the next 5 days. Today is a little longer as I'm starting at 1pm instead of 3 but I'll likely try to get online in the morning for a bit.
Better go and get a few things done before I have to go to work. Kids left for school about 1/2 hour ago.
Take care and Happy quilting
:) Carol

No comments: