Monday, September 10, 2007


This is a quilt I made last fall for my neice Sam and her new husband. I started with the panel. Used polar fleece for my backing and batting. Hand quilted the middle panel. Prepared top and bottom borders, Hand quilted them with diagonal lines and added them to quilt with a quilt as you go method. Then prepared the long side borders and did the same. It was a relatively quick quilt for me to do. They liked it and it was nice to be able to make a quilt for them. I knew their wedding date at least a year ahead but of course I didn't start it till a couple of months before it was needed.
The material with the writing on it , is the marriage vows, over and over. I originally bought the fabric for a different wedding gift but never finished that one. That couple lives in Japan and I just never got that one very far. I have about 8 blocks on my design board for that one and that is where it sits. Good thing they done know about it. I think that they have been married for 7 or 8 years now.
Oh well maybe I will finish that for their tenth anniversary.
More next time. Bye for now
:) Carol

1 comment:

Sherri said...

this is really nice :)

Well, now I don't feel so bad! I still haven't finished my brother/sister-in-law's wedding quilt, and they've been married for 5 years now. They also have two children! On a good note though, I did finish the first baby quilt for them on time! Now to get the second one done........