Sunday, October 7, 2007

oct. 7, 2007

Sunday, Oct. 7, 2007
picture edited out as requested.

I tried to upload this picture a few times the other day and it would just not upload. It is here today. This is the fractured quarter round robin again. I really enjoyed doing this challenge.

I didn't get on the computer to blog yesterday. I did read some in the morning. But we spent the morning trying to decide if you were going to a family gathering. Only thing holding us up was that Dave has a cold and he wasn't feeling great. It is a 4 hour drive from Calgary to north of Edmonton to Leila's house and Dave likes to sleep at home. So we would be 8 hours on the road to go for Leila's 50th birthday party. In the end we did decide to go.

It was very nice but alot of driving. We got back home at 2:30 and slept in to 10:30 this morning. Dave feels pretty lousy today. Won't be doing much. Her party started out small but ended up with 94 people there for a sit down dinner. Good thing she has a really big house.

She didn't want any gifts but I took a few dish cloths that I make and 3 small wheat bags. Enclosed notes saying that even though she was 50 she would still have to do dishes and on the wheat bags I said that they heated in the microwave and she could apply them to all her sore body parts. She didn't open them while we were there.

Leila is actually a foster sister of DAve's , she lived with their family for 3 or 4 years. Dave's Mom, Dad and 2 brothers were there as well with their families. OUr kids didn't go. Chris had to work and Jenn didn't really want to be in the van for 8 hours.

I actually managed to stay awake for quite awhile on the way home. I think I only dosed for about 1/2 hour or so.

We went straight to bed when we got home of course. We were a little surprised that Jenn and Kelsey were awake and playing video games. Jenn doesn't usually stay up that late.

I'm hoping to get a bit of sewing done today. I just realized that I haven't done anything about the UFO group. I've forgotten where to find it. Can anyone out there remind me. I must figure out what to do with that.

Guess I'd better get at something else and off the computer for a bit.

Happy quilting,

:) Carol

No comments: